Monday, March 30, 2009

What are they doing now?

I always like finding out what happens to people after they disappear from my life. I suppose that this is part of the attraction of high school reunions - look, I still have hair! - as well as Facebook.

In this case, the people are sitcom starts from the 70s and 80s (or, put differently for younger readers, sitcom starts from Nick at Nite and TVLand), whose more recent exploits are detailed by Cracked.com. Back when I was an avid reader of Mad magazine (you are surely not surprised) in my youth, Cracked was the edgier but somehow not-quite-as-good alter ego to Mad.

The best story out of the seven? Danica McKellar, the on-and-off girlfriend in the Wonder Years:
She' a math genius. She helped develop what's come be known as the "Chayes-Mckellar-Winn-Theorem" while she was a mathematics major at UCLA. And, she has an Erdos—Bacon number of 6. A team of five were sent to investigate what the f*** either of those things are. Results are still pending.
Warms my heart and beats the heck out of Kristy McNichol.