Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Michigan Radio on training (with yours truly)

Usually when journalists email, I leave the email in the inbox for a while, until I am pretty sure their deadline has passed, and then I email back and apologize for my lagged reply. This strategy avoids my having to talk to reporters without making me seem completely rude. I compared notes with one of my colleagues about this and found out that I was not the only one to hit upon this method.

However, the folks at Michigan radio were really persistent and, in person, quite engaging.  The result is that you can hear my voice on Michigan radio (about two minutes in, if you are really impatient).  I don't say anything very deep, and there are only a few seconds out of 45 minutes of recording, and they forgot to email me when the story was broadcast as they promised to do, but overall not such a bad experience.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

It was a pleasure to hear your commentary on WBEZ's Eight Forty-Eight program. I'm an incoming graduate student at the Ford School, and was immediately excited to hear an economist from U Michigan speak about higher education and workforce development – an interest of mine! I look forward to engaging in discussions like these throughout the school year. Cheers!